Whether it’s because you’re Planning to visit Jakarta shortly or maybe it is because you’re a significant knowledge enthusiast, regardless of your reason, knowing about a place new is definitely enjoyable. Therefore, below is a little crash course in various facts about Jakarta.
- Located on the northwest shore of Java Island, Jakarta is the capital and largest city of Indonesia with about 10 million people within the city and 28 million at the enlarged areas and a region of 662 sq kilometers or 256 sq kilometers.
- Tourism is popular in Jakarta, since the Soekarno Hatta International Airport is one of Indonesia’s most important airports and with numerous using Jakarta as a beginning point to the numerous islands along with other portions of Southeast Asia, tourism is simply an added benefit.
3. The name of the city of Jakarta comes from the word Jayakarta, the old fashioned word meaning victorious deed, or complete victory.
- Jakarta was at one time component of the Dutch Eastern India Company and became independent only lately in 1945.
- And since it was previously a Dutch colony before World War II, also known as the Dutch East Indies, there is bound to be stays that give proof of the past. One of those contains the Dutch cannons that may be discovered in older town Jakarta.
- Id-ul Fitr, a Muslim Holiday. The most crucial Id-ul Fitr, a Muslim Holiday.
7. Throughout Id-ul Fitr, a Muslim Holiday, an increasing number of hotels in Jakarta are inhabited by families whose domestic helpers or babysitter is off for the festive season.
- A town that’s developing national stock exchange of Indonesia, the Bank of Indonesia, and the National Monument known as national stock exchange of Indonesia, the Bank of Indonesia, and the National Monument.
- The National Stock Exchange of Indonesia, the Bank of Indonesia, and the National Monument are a number of the major milestones in Jakarta city.
- Some from the surrounding areas offer their umbrella particularly in the company districts, many kids from the surrounding areas offer their umbrella solutions’.
11. The blue taxi cab, Blue Bird, compels everybody around the city. It’s probably the most reliable taxi firms in Jakarta that many people use.
- Increasingly more Jakartans prefer to do Gowes, which just means biking. On a daily city of Jakarta provides you a perfect mixture of western architecture and traditional Indonesian culture very own car free day.
- Sections – the old town in the north, with Javanese, Chinese, and Arab quarters, central Jakarta, with high rise buildings
14. Jakarta can be broken up into 3 sections – the old city in the north, with Javanese, Chinese, and Arab quarters, central Jakarta, with high rise buildings, and a contemporary residential garden suburb in the south.
- Jakarta is among the few cities in South East Asia, with the greatest city.